I went in search of a good grilled chicken and peach recipe and found this one.
- Prep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 cup 100% peach spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 medium ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with some of the reserved glaze. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Grill peaches cut side down for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting every 2 minutes with remaining glaze. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis:One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2 peach halves)) equals 348 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fruit.
It was awesome and I used my own peach preserves from last year in place of the peach spread.
What local fruit is in season where you live? Do you have fruit trees of your own?