Saturday, October 29, 2011

On Winning and Losing

Darn it, the Rangers lost. I so wished they could have won. Until last year, this team spent 40 years in the slumps. They put up a good fight and made one heck of a World Series, so they're not losers even though they didn't win the coveted prize. We're proud of our Texas Rangers!


Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals on winning the World Series. Well done. You were worthy opponents.

Maybe the Texas Rangers will get another run at the title next year. I hope so.

What about you? Ever gave something every ounce of effort you had inside you and you still failed to achieve your dream? If so, what did you do about it? Did you give up after that first defeat? Or did you stay with it until you finally prevailed?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your Team.. They gave it all they had.
    My deream was to be a singer and dancer on Broadway, until, I broke my foot as a teenager and it was way before they had all these great Orthapedic doctors who could have helped me. But I still love dancing and I really didn't have a good enough voice, but I love to sing just the same.... I just do it in the shower now.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rooting for the Rangers, too! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete