Sunday, May 6, 2012

Toad House



Toads are very helpful in the garden. They eat unwanted insects that can damage your plants. I decided to invite toads to live in my garden by building them a home.



A friend had given me several gourds that she had grown in her garden last year. I thought these would make cute toad houses.




First, drill an opening in the bottom of the gourd with a circle drill bit.




Then, remove all the seeds.




Next, paint or decorate the gourd however you wish. I decided to paint mine to look like a toad.



 


Finally, set the house in the garden and wait for renters.





1 comment:

  1. They're so cute! We have several toads in our flower beds. They are used to us and know we won't hurt them so they just sit and look at us when we walk by and talk to them. Ours like to bury themselves down in the mulch in the heat of the day.

    ReplyDelete