Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cake

Yesterday, I made a cake for a gift to my friends.

I made a plain white cake with buttercream frosting.                                                                             
                                                                               
 

All the frosting is on, ready to decorate.


I decided to add a green swag to the side. I found the edible presents at the grocery store.

  
Next, I added the top border and made the roses. 
 

I sprinkled the roses with edible gold glitter. Also, I added little pine cones next to the roses.



Here it is. I hope my friends like it! What about you? Do you bake Christmas gifts for anyone? 








 





9 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful gift to give anyone. The cake turned out very nice. I have never baked a Christmas gift for anyone but I would love to receive one. It would show they put so much time and though into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cake! I bake Christmas cookies for friends and family. Learning to decorate cakes is on my "to-do" list & I'm hoping to take a few classes this year. I'd love to be able to make such a pretty cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous. I can bake, but cake decorating? Not my thing at all. I do love a good usable gift though (gift certificates, food, etc) because at this point, what the heck more do I need in my house? LOL. So I like to bake and give stuff away at the holidays. This year I did a fudgy peppermint bundt cake, chocolate chip, Snickerdoodles, oatmeal raisin, and soft lemon drop cookies. The house smelled fabulous all weekend long.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cake! I bake an assortment of cookies and give them as gifts but never done a cake. hmmm, something to consider.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I haven't baked for a gift but I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful Lori, thanks for sharing!
    Penney
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I will make candy, fudge and cookies.

    Stacy S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much! I wish I could make a cake for you guys! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures. I love the snow angel.
    I didn't bake since I don't have a working oven. Came home today though and found a tin of beautifully decorated cookies in my mailbox from the little elf who lives next door. I'm digging in.
    NO, NO, NO... I don't want a white Christmas. Have to drive 140 miles for dinner. Don't want snow. LOL

    ReplyDelete