Let's give a warm welcome to Emma Cane!
Top 10 Reasons to Love Small Towns—by Emma Cane
Hello! Thanks so much for welcoming me today. I’m Emma Cane, but I’m going to be channeling Emily Murphy, the heroine of A TOWN CALLED VALENTINE.
Emily returns to her mother’s hometown of Valentine Valley, Colorado, to sell a building she inherited, only to discover she’ll have to stick around and do some renovations. Emily is a San Francisco girl, who plans to return to college to find a new direction for her life after a nasty divorce that left her penniless. Then she meets sexy cowboy Nate, discovers there are secrets in her past, and suddenly her path isn’t so clear…
So here are Emily Murphy’s Top 10 reasons to love small towns.
10. The view—the snow-topped Rockies are stunning where they rise up to cradle Valentine Valley.
9. Clapboard storefronts are the same as they were when silver miners strolled into Valentine to spend their treasure.
8. Dogs frequent restaurants and stores right along with their owners. And they go on dates with you, too.
7. Everybody wants to know your business, but it does lead to great friendships.
6. Small hotels like the Sweetheart Inn are so casual that you can climb up into the hills behind them and visit the hot springs—just you and your guy.
5. They still treat you like family even when they only knew your grandmother.
4. Nowhere else will you find quirky old ladies living together in a Victorian mansion called the Widows’ Boardinghouse.
3. Secrets don’t usually stay secret for long. Some things need to be shared.
2. Pool tables can be used for more than a game of pool.
1. There are sexy cowboys in these small mountain towns.
I’m giving away a free book to one of Lori’s fans, so follow this link to sign up on a google form. http://tinyurl.com/89gm34m
Note from Lori--Come back here tomorrow for a two-for-one giveaway featuring Emma's book A TOWN CALLED VALENTINE (Colorado) and my backlist book ADDICTED TO LOVE that features Valentine, Texas. Stock up for your Valentine's Day reading.