Monday, January 2, 2012

Memories

Watching all the beautiful firework displays this New Year's brought back a special memory of mine.

After I sold my first book, I decided to celebrate!


  
I had saved fireworks from the Fourth of July. That night, I shot off several bottle rockets.


They landed in the field across from my house. Well, it was very dry and the grass caught on fire! I had to call the fire department.


What a memory huh? Do you have any stories about a celebration that didn't turn out quite as you hoped?

9 comments:

  1. OMG that is funny! When you said fireworks it reminded me of my sons and nephew trying to start fireworks in the RAIN!! one held an umbrella, one held the firework and the other had the matches. It was hysterical. They got a few off but then they gave up.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story made me laugh, though I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH My that must have been an interesting and exciting moment.. However did you explain to the fire department.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Kat, I wasn't laughing then, but it makes for a great story now. People ask me what I did when I sold my first book and this is what I tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen, did you get to video your boys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, it was not fun explaining to the firefighters what happened. I have a great appreciation for firefighters and all they do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori,
    You sound like you have the same luck that I do with fire and fire works.
    I burned the back yard one time when I didn't realize the wind had gotten up and my pile of burning leaves was not completely out when I went back in the house. Burned my rose bed up and I lost all those rose bushes.

    Years ago my husband was setting off fireworks with a teenage cousin of mine. The cousin said just to hold the roman candles and shoot them off. My hubby had always been careful and put them in a bottle or something for launching. Needless to say he was wearing new gloves he got for Christmas and the darn firework went off the wrong way and burned the palm out of the glove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Good thing he was wearing gloves!

      Delete
  8. I wish I had a video of them trying. It would have been priceless. Have the photos instead. And of course the memories.

    ReplyDelete