Saturday, July 23, 2011

At Loose Ends

I've finished all my deadlines. Yay. I can rest, right?


You'd think, but the truth is, I'm bored. Oh, I could clean my house and I'm gonna, I swear, but without anything to write, I'm at loose ends. I'm trying to read, honest I am, but nothing is holding my attention. I've already watched movies, conquered Angry Birds, knitted, played with my pets, caught up with friends and family and had date night with hubby. It only took a week for me to run out of things to do. I now know why I write so much. It's the only thing that holds my interest for long.

What about you? Do you have any obsessions? Does too much time away from work have you twiddling your thumbs? What do you do when you need to slow down and take a break?

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad someone else understands what it's like to feel at loose ends! I love my job as a school librarian with tweens and teens. When we get out for the summer, it takes one week and I am so bored!

    Lucky for us, your readers, you'll get back to writing soon...hehe. Oh, and I go back to work in two weeks so I'll be okay reading until then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's summertime and it's fine to just sit back and enjoy nature. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times I also feel that way. While recently visiting my sister, we stopped at a local bead shop. It was so much fun to look around. I picked up some basic supplies and some beautiful beads and hope to try my hand at making a bracelet for myself next time I'm in one of those moods. Maybe there is a craft you have always admired and might want to give a try?

    ChrisS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I understand how you feel. But why aren't you writing? You know we are waiting for the next book. On days I can't be at my computer, I feel lost. Have to be writing something, even if it's just a blog or an email. Nice to know I'm not alone.

    P.S. Love your blog and your photos. Just like home.

    ReplyDelete