Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ever feel like you're in over your head?

I'm writing like the wind (30 pages a day) to make deadline, getting ready for my workshop at RWA National, teaching, mentoring, social networking and making conference plans. I was at Walmart last night at two in the morning shopping for makeup and teeth whitening products and gel bandaids (can't go to conference without them). It was the only time I could squeeze in shopping. I need a clone.


But hey, I really do love my job. I'm so lucky to get to sit around and write about love all day.

What about you? Have you every had so much to do you were just waiting for the rescue boat to come along? (Yes, moms of young children, I'm talking about you). How did you survive? Got any tips?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the 2 a.m. Walmart excursions. When my boys were little, I took yellow legal pads to Little League practice--sat in my car and wrote. I've also set the alarm for 5 a.m. but I'm not a morning person (Sylvia Plath called 5 a.m. "the blue hour before the baby's cry.") But Sylvia gassed herself, so this method is iffy. I thought it would get easier when the boys were grown, but the truth is, the writing life is hard.

    Wish I could go to Nationals this year--maybe next summer.

    ReplyDelete