Monday, June 27, 2011

Where Were You Hatched?

Some of us were hatched in the country.


Some of us were hatched in a fancy house.


Some of us were hatched on the beach.


Some of us were hatched into money.

Some of us were hatched in the cold.


I was hatched in the sand hills of Abilene, Texas. Land of grassburrs...


Rattlesnakes....


snapping turtles...


and sandstorms.


It was rugged terrain, but it taught me that the world is not a soft, fluffy place. A lesson that came in handy when I went into publishing.

What about you? Where were you hatched? What did that environment prepare you for?

1 comment:

  1. I was hatched in a small community in the Catskills of New York. Famous for it's resorts and a game farm. I think it prepared me for the different types of people I would meet in my life.

    ReplyDelete