Saturday, June 18, 2011

Singing Saturday

On Saturdays we're going to have singing. I promise I won't sing. But I'd like to feature "up and coming" artists (or buried treasures, or even golden oldies). If you have suggestions for Singing Saturday, leave a comment.



I stumbled across this artist, Maggie Walters, while making a playlist for my work in progress. The last book in the Jubilee, Texas series. I love the cowboy lyrics and her voice. I'd never heard of her before and was delighted to discover she's from Austin, Texas.

5 comments:

  1. I am curretnly listening to George Strait's - If Your're Thinking theirs a Stranger... just love anything by George....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love George.

    Listening to k.d. lang's Sing It Loud,
    Allison Krauss & Union Station's
    Paper Airplane, and
    Judith Owen's Happy This Way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions, MaryC

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kina Grannis! She's definitely an up and comer in music. She was relatively unknown to me until she did a song on a TV show I used to watch. After that she came into the spotlight during Doritos' "Crash the Super Bowl" music contest last year. She won, got a music contract AND got her music video played during the Super Bowl.

    She's doing a lot of tours right now and her music is starting to pop up in TV shows like Pretty Little Liars and The Protector as well as in tv commercials.

    She also has a great YouTube Channel where she performs a ton of covers of songs she loves.

    JT

    ReplyDelete