Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Claim Your Free Book!

                    Happy Release Week to Rita Henuber

Yesterday, one of my most talented student's debut novel was released from Carina Press in ebook form. I had the pleasure of seeing this book go from raw first draft to accomplished published novel. I feel like a proud auntie. To help Rita celebrate the release of her book Under Fire, I'm having a special giveaway.



Coast Guard helicopter pilot Olivia Carver is on a very personal mission. Her twin brother, an undercover officer, was murdered by a drug cartel and she won't stop until she finds the man responsible for his death.


In the course of her own investigation, Olivia meets informant Rico Cortes. He's mysterious and sexy and despite her reservations, the two share a night of passion. But Rico turns out to be more than a one-night stand. He's a DEA agent, deep undercover in Miami's drug world, and possibly the one man who can help Olivia find the justice she seeks.

When Rico realizes his cover is blown, he isn't sure whether it was someone in the cartel or an inside agent. Olivia is the only one he can trust and together they venture on a dangerous, rogue mission to infiltrate a drug lord's inner circle…with Olivia as bait.


Buy the Kindle version @ http://www.amazon.com/Under-Fire-ebook/dp/B005CRQ57S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314078031&sr=8-1

Here's the giveaway. If you buy a copy of Rita's ebook, I'll send you a copy of one of my following books, your pick.

1)The Welcome Home Garden Club
2)The First Love Cookie Club (mass market or trade size, your choice)
3)By Invitation Only (my latest Blaze.)

This is on the honor system, so if you've bought Rita's book, just email me at loriwilde@aol.com to claim your free novel.

Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Nice! I remember when you first posted about this and thinking "oooooh, I wanna read that!" {{{skips off to Amazon to buy}}}

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing that this is out in paperback also, right? Don't have a ebook so I will have to look for it out in paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I like the cover. I have been known to buy book just because I liked the title and the cover. Sad but true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I *think* and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Carina is strictly digital books (aka ebooks). I don't have an e-reader either, but I did download the Kindle reader for my computer to use. :) It's free, of course, so now I can read ebooks that way and share with my netbook, etc. It was super easy to download and install and use.

    Just an option

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ebook only. The wave of the future. Hold on tight. The times are changing.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori. This is very exciting.Yes you are my writing Auntie.
    Ladies Under Fire is ebook only and as Julia says it can be read on your computer and lap top. It is also an audio book with audible.
    For those of you who have the book on their kindle and is on twitter you can sign up for Kindlegraph at http://kindlegraph.com/ and request I sign the kindle book for you. It’s free and pretty darn amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very generous of you, Lori. I want Rita to sign my ebook but you have to belong to Twitter and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. I know, I'll have to do it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dont like the times that are changing! More and more often, I see a book I would really go buy and it is only available on ereader. I would not buy one of those. But my son bought one long ago. He recently got his droid 3 and now it does everything the ereader does and then some. So the ereader has been handed down to me. This is the first book I have gotten for the ereader. The first one. I can tell you the first line of chapter one if you want! :-) I guess I misunderstand what an intracoastal waterway is. I didnt think Jacksonville was on the coast! :-)
    Back to the book. It does look like a book I would like. And it was less than $5. So I jumped in and did it without thinking too long and talking myself out of it! My son will be home from college later and so proud of me for doing it! AND for it actually working! Wirelessly! Whodathunkit!?? haha
    Now, you can give yourself kudos for giving me that little shove. If you have the connections, you can pass on to the people in charge...There are two big reasons I would not have bought an ereader. I like holding a book!! I like the covers and my book shelves. Second, the price. They should in no way cost the same or sometimes, more than a paper book! I know, I know.... But still!! hahaha
    Now, I am done ranting, so sorry about it!! LOL
    If you arent going to take back your generous offer to punish me for rambling on, I would love to try a blaze book. I have seen them and never bought one.
    Thank you!
    lisakhutson at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krazy Mama thank you for buying Under Fire and welcome to the dark side. LOL! When you get the feel for how easy an ereader is to use you will be in love. The current generation kindle holds 3500 books and you don’t have to dust them. You want a book you can order and have it in a minute. And best of all, for me any way, is I can increase the font size. I still have print books and my favorite audio books. With that tiny ereader in my purse I never mind waiting -any place. I never thought I would say this but I read books on my phone also. EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Rita!

    I'll be buying mine next week. Can't wait till then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't click on your link Lori. I did a search on Amazon and bought Rita's book that way. Hope that's alright.

    It's still going to be Friday before I can enjoy it though. Tonight I have to bake 6 dozen cookies for Back-to-School night tomorrow. I wonder, what would happen if I fed the entire school kismet cookies? Probably be more than my pretty how town could handle. I guess I'd better stick with brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Rita! :-) I certainly see the advantages of the ereader. For sure. My son originally bought it because he travels a lot. He typically reads 2-3 books at a time. So it worked great for him. I am not that good! LOL I am sure I will get there. But it does make me sad to think about books going the wayside. I cant imagine it being the same sitting on the swing reading books to my granddaughter while she eats her cookies or ice cream. Yes, I could still read to her from the machine. But she cant search thru the pile of books to pick which one she wants. It is just sadly not the same.
    And I wonder if Kat from the message above ended up making kismet cookies? hahaha

    ReplyDelete