Monday, August 15, 2011

School Days

School days are coming up on us fast. I'm actually looking forward to school starting again. I'm working on a masters degree in liberal arts and I'm having such fun studying topics I've always wanted to explore in more depth. This sememster I've signed up for Parapsychology and a course on Intimate Human Relationships.

And then there's the school shopping. I'm looking forward to that too.




Are school days on your calendar? Either for you or the kids? Do they have a sales tax free weekend where you are? Do you take advantage of it and fight the crowds? Or like me, do you go ahead and pay the tax for the convenience of not shopping on tax free weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Well, it's me that's been back to school, but looks like I'll have to be skipping this semester -- they might be cancelling the class anyway given that so few are interested in Environmental Geology, but we could use the money, alas. I mean, the class by itself is $400. You get done with the fees, and it was $600+. The books, okay, the main text book at ~$150 is expected. But the lab book at around the same price? Huh? So, yeah, I'm disappointed, but it does mean more time to read all the books that are piled up around here! LOL

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the class getting cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, back to school is always fun. To shop for my sons clothes and school supplies is fun. However, shopping for myself to go back to school is fun, as well. I might even say...more. I love shopping for school supplies even more for myself because I love using them when college starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found a killer deal on notebooks. 60% off. I bought 20!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Teaching classes, taking classes and churning out Romance novels. I need to plug into your energy force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Becky said!

    My oldest starts K on Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to a couple of hours to write.

    Coming from Australia, we all wore school uniforms, so buying regular clothes is strange for me. We won't have supply lists until Wednesday. And no sales tax fee anything in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, I get bored easily. Have to keep myself entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the writing, Brooke,

    ReplyDelete