Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wedding Cookies

Christmas desserts are a tradition in many homes, but none is as special to the people of Twilight as cookies. Wedding Cookies are one of the townspeople’s favorite. I hope you enjoy this recipe.  Be careful, if you bake these; you may find yourself in a wedding of your own.  May your Christmas wishes and dreams of love come true.

Happy Baking.


Wedding Cookies 
Ingredients:
2 cups flour, sifted
½ cup powdered sugar
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick of butter, softened
1 tablespoon ice water
1 cup powdered sugar for coating

Directions:
Mix together flour, sugar, and nuts. Add vanilla. Cut in butter. If too crumbly, add water, so that the dough sticks together. Shape into 1 ½ inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350’ for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack and dredge in powdered sugar until well coated.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lori! Perfect timing, too, I'm planning out my holiday baking. :)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I think you will really like these. They are super easy and yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are one of our favorite holiday cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister makes these every christmas and I look forward to them every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of our family favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I always buy the Keebler Wedding cookies but now I can make my own.

    ReplyDelete